Winter is here and while we don’t get a lot of cold weather in Dubai, there are days it’s quite chilly.
Remember, if it’s cold for you it’s probably cold for your pet too!
Here are a few simple tips to keep those little toe beans warm all through these cooler months.
- Use a warm (and stylish) winter pet sweater or hoodie to keep your pet toasty and comfortable. They’ll stay warm and look adorable; it’s a win-win!
- Make sure your pet has a warm and cozy blanket and soft bed to snuggle and sleep in. Pets should always have a place that is warm and comfortable and where they can retreat to whenever they feel like.
- Always monitor your pet outdoors. If your pet needs to go outside to play or for a walk make sure to keep an eye on them. Never leave them alone to wander around as they can get lost and get cold very quickly. Pets should be on a leash outdoors (unless they’re in an area where they’re allowed to go off leash). This is important for everyone’s safety.
- Pets need exercise in the winter too. It’s recommended to spend the first five minutes outdoors warming up with your pet. On very chilly days it’s best to keep your pet indoors and play with them at home to keep them active.
- Keep an eye on those little paws. The floor can be cold in the winter so if you think your pet’s paws are cold, try a pair of cute socks or booties to keep them snug. Keep an eye out for dry paws as well. If your pet’s paws look dry and cracked, try a natural paw balm to restore moisture. Watch out for balms with chemicals in them as you don’t want your pet licking those!
- There are pet products you can try if your pet is susceptible to the cold because of breed type, advanced age, or health conditions. Pet beds specifically designed to keep pets warm in winters and cool in summers can be a good idea for such pets. Don’t forget to provide a soft blanket to snuggle in as that keeps pets warm and can be a source of comfort.
- Winter or summer, make sure to give your pet lots of hugs and cuddles because pets are the best and make our lives so much better! 🥰
Our pick for keeping little paws moisturized: Reliq Pet Spa Balm ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Made of natural minerals and no wax, this light creamy balm sinks into pet paws quickly and starts working right away. It is non greasy and is absorbed quickly which means no marks on your floor! It also forms a protective layer so toe pads are protected from the elements whether winter or summer.